Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Summer's Here

And you know what that means?

Kids camps!

So in addition to all the crazy stuff we have to do each week to keep our schedules running smooth, we now throw in basketball camp, kids' camp (instead of daycare) with daily field trips and fun.

Tonight I gave Walmart almost 100 bucks just to get started on this project.

Lunch boxes and food and freezy things.

I made some changes this year. So tonight I'm staying up watching a movie while I pack a week's worth of lunches. Those little snack ziplocks are godsent!

Can you imagine how much I'd save by buying normal sized bags/boxes of foods then making my own individual portions? Well I did the math, cause I'm OCD and needed to prove it to myself before I went whole hog.

So by buying big cans of fruits instead of fruit cups, then making portions - big bags of crackers/chips and you guessed it making portions - frozen cans of juice to mix up and put into reusable lidded cups - this week alone I saved $29.55. Please keep in mind that this week is three days worth of food. Holy crap. That's not counting the stuff I already had in mind from my pantry! Woohoo....

Now I can totally justify the extra money spent on camps....well that and since I can't be with them during the summer days, they might as well have a blast!

Embrace your inner Scrooge!

Labels: ,

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 8:34 PM

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones