Friday, July 18, 2008

The Things I do For Him

After twelve plus years, I should know to start praying as soon as the words "I have an idea" leaves The Man's mouth.......oh no......I always fall for the bait....... He took us 4x4-ing in the canyon right behind our house. Seriously, of all eighteen hundred pics I took, these are the best of the bunch.....sad huh? I really should take photography lessons. So we started out on this lovely little stretch of dirt that literally leads right out the back of my subdivision........cause I live in the boonies y'all.
Can you see the slight trail as it bobs and weaves up in front of us......yeah, at this point, I'm yelling for the kids to double check their seat belts and grab the "oh crap" bar above their heads.....cause sure enough......
After this little hump, the jeep went totally airborne and then went straight nose down on the path. There is truth in the fact that your life passes before your eyes, all I could think was......I didn't buy those red shoes and I should have......even though I hate red.
We leveled out and about a mile later I could see clear enough through the dirt to find a pond up there in the middle of nowhere. The Man has plans of stalking this pond for deer. Good luck to him, I'll be at home painting my toes and reading.
This is what the future held. Turns out other nuts with 4x4's love to come up here often. The Man swears there will be a return visit.

Afterwards, I went and bought those damn red shoes.

The things we do for our men.

Labels: , ,

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 3:41 PM

Read or Post a Comment

It's amazing what we women will do just to make them happy!!
I'm curious how Princess and Duchess faired during this whacked out ride?

Posted by Blogger ♥ Becky ♥ @ 9:49 AM, July 19, 2008 #
 

I love 4 diggin' .... but I'm from Canada so go figure!!

Posted by Blogger The woman @ 9:36 PM, July 19, 2008 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones