Friday, June 15, 2007

Nasty Little Secret

I have a nasty little secret, I am a smoker. Most people know this by now, however I still treat it like my nasty little secret. I am the person huddling behind the building sneaking a smoke. Even if there is a ashtray next to the door, I'm out back. I try hard to never smoke around my kids. In fact, my oldest calls it my "nasties". I am one of those freaky people who enjoy the taste of a good cig. Yep, just thinking about it makes me smile, yum.

HOWEVER, I sit here feeling like I'm gonna puke! Cause it is day 7 and my dosage went up to 2 full pills a day.....cause
I'm quitting. (Silence?) Yep, after oh about 14 years of being a dedicated smoker, I'm quitting. This is a very difficult post to write as I physically hate the sign above. Cause people hate smokers. And I'm a smoker. I figure I'll always be a smoker, just a smoker in remission. Cause it is an addiction, thankfully I'm only kicking nicotine not a crack habit, so it could be worse....right? Hello?

Anyway, if you're the praying sort, please send some strength over here. Cause The Man is quitting too. The pills make me really yuck and puky but they have given him hotflashes and a very interesting temperment. So be glad that you're not living in this royal house!

My lungs and my family will hopefully thank me for this one day. Cause I'm not thanking myself yet that is for sure. This sucks!

Labels: ,

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 8:24 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I am praying for you my dear.... and let me say I'm proud of you! Hey there is an herbal thing out there that is supposed to help you quit... I'll get you the info. (Takes away the craving without the ucky yucky feeling!)

Posted by Blogger The woman @ 12:02 PM, June 17, 2007 #
 

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

As an ex-smoker, I know where you are right now and just want to let you know that it can be done! I smoked for 19 years and have not had a cigarette in over 5 years now.

What pills are you on? I took Zyban. They made me jittery and felt yucky too but it was all worth it in the end.

Drink lots of water to flush the nicotine out of your body quicker...green tea is supposed to be really good too..I tried that also.

Good luck and I will be praying for you...I know you can do it!

Posted by Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife @ 9:52 AM, June 19, 2007 #
 

Yes, your family will thank you! I lost my dad to lung cancer in 1999 when he was 52 years old and is oldest grandbabies were in 1st and 2nd grade. He'd been a smoker since he was a teenager and quit as soon as he was diagnosed with emphaszema, but it wasn't soon enough. Hang in there! It will be worth it!

Posted by Blogger Tammy @ 10:04 PM, July 01, 2007 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones