Tuesday, May 22, 2007

OMG, Help!

I do so love my new job. It's great everything: benefits, free dr. pepper in the fridge, free Sonic-like chopped ice in the kitchen, a great work environment, fancy office chairs and a printer that I think can fax to Mars...

However, I'm in deep doo-doo people!

Here is a list of areas that are challenging me:

1. NO ONE SMOKES! (TLG I know you feel me here)So when I go to get the mail, I'm smoking like four and nursing a buzz for an hour.... I need the stop smoking pill NOW!

2. DRESSCODE! I who only wears black or white am screwed. These people are fashionistas. And, and, and they accessorize, well. I've decided to start adding one piece of not-matching-at-all clothing or accessories to my outfit.

3. HAIR! For the chick who does not have certification to even lift a curling iron considering the amount of burns she has received in the past, this is killing me. Up-do's, extensions, fake hair pieces, weird side sweeps. These people make this stuff look great! Note to self: let 4 year old fix your hair tomorrow, that could work...?

Okay, otherwise I'm doing good, just challenged....crap, I'm not girlie enough!

Labels:

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 9:12 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Just be yourself!! Don't get caught up in trying to keep up.

Though, that pashmina could come in handy. It goes with black or white girl;)!

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 3:56 AM, May 23, 2007 #
 

Okay, pashmina is freshly washed and is drying as we speak....as you read???? Never mind, but tomorrow is pashmina day so I will have a pic of moi to post for you!!! You rock!

Oh and it's still sooooooo soft, Duchess likes to rub her face on it.

Posted by Blogger Hope4Grace @ 8:15 AM, May 23, 2007 #
 

Okay, keep your hair. From the pictures I've seen of you, you are one hot chick, don't mess with a good thing.

I agree, stop smoking, or you're not going to be a hot chick much longer....just stop it, NOW!

Keep your black stuff and start with buying a few fun blouses and heels. Keep your accesories simple and timeless but buy a few fun things that can dress up a fitted white blouse (like big chunky, beaded, turquois, sparkly, something like that). We have a store that sells accesories super cheap that are very fun and fashionable...maybe search online.

Don't go overboard, you may start setting a new trend to just keep it real and simple....you seem to be the trend setter type...you lead, they follow. Now, go forth and shop!

Posted by Blogger April @ 12:11 PM, May 23, 2007 #
 

I worked at a place like that once.... I was just out of highschool and some of the women were really trendy and spent a fortune of clothing. I decided that I would just be me in what I was comfortable in and added a bit of color here and there. I have to say that I am more fashionable now than I was then. It's been the last couple years that I've decided to get a little more fashionable (not trendy just a little more upto date!)

Posted by Blogger The woman @ 2:59 PM, May 23, 2007 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones