Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Job Sage Continues...

So another week, another day continuing my job hunt. Ahhhh, last week I tried to spare you some of the worst calls, you don't' want the bruises I have from banging my head on the wall after hanging up with some of these people. I swear, I just want a decent job. Please, decent...J-O-B!

So tomorrow I have an interview with a lady who wouldn't let me speak at all on the phone. She pulled my resume offline and called me about a job. I didn't call her! However, she kept reminding me how lucky I was to have called her. Uh-okay. I'm lucky. That's me, lucky! However, the job is for a legal department of a company I've seen on the local news lately that is having some ethics issues. Not Enron, but I thought it appropriate. :) So yeah, I left her a voicemail canceling my "lucky" interview. One down....


The sweet sweet ladies at the dear old Mink Farm called me and left me a message (do you see why I screen my calls! Except you, I always answer your call!) reminding me that the job is mine (I've said no twice now) and could I drop by (oh god no!) and see about some paperwork. Yeah, left her a message today too. Sweetly telling her no and then suggesting that we get together for walks sometimes cause she lives in my neighborhood. Crap! But I'll sleep better at night not thinking about the minks. God Bless Them!

Yet another call that I did not answer came from Bambi. Not the deer, the blond girl who thought I'd make a great addition to her company, oh just read here. However, since I have lots of blond friends, I didn't want to insult Jac...opps, somebody by posting a picture here. So enjoy the little forest creature below.


So the main point I'm getting to, slowly, very slowly. The dream job has officially entered my realm. Yes, it is there and I haven't a clue how to make this go any faster. See Tuesday I a final interview with a great company (lots of perks) for good money (woohoo) and sucky hours, yeah I hate that part. I can't really say no to these people if they meet me in the middle.
However, the dream job, well I have an inside track, being that it's the same freaking company that The Man works for. I love him, he rocks. No he isn't hiring me, but that could be interesting. He just sent my resume off to someone to sent it to HR and boom. They called. But we're stuck, cause the person doing the interviewing is out of town.
Do I wait for the possible chance to do my dream job for The Man's company? Or do I accept (if offered, who knows they may laugh in my face) the other job knowing its a good deal?
Crap, I hate this part.


Labels:

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 11:25 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Wow, it must be nice to know you're SO WANTED! Lovely;).

If I were you, and I were offered the second best choice first -- I'd stall them and say that I have one more interview that I'd like to follow through with (because it's already scheduled and I like to keep my commitments, ahem) -- and then make my decision very shortly after that.

I hope you get what you really want and what works best for you and the family! All fingers, toes and paws are crossed for you;):).

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 5:49 AM, February 12, 2007 #
 

OHHHHH you're good. That is a great idea....very pc too. I like it. I'll try that!

Posted by Blogger Hope4Grace @ 7:57 AM, February 12, 2007 #
 

Tiger Lamb is such a better person than me. I was going to tell you to just take the job. And quit once you get the better job. What are they going to do? Not let you quit?

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not planning on working any time soon. ;-)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 9:52 AM, February 12, 2007 #
 

LOLOL. (there I go breaking blogger rules, Tuna). :):)

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 4:38 AM, February 15, 2007 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones