Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Saga Continues Part 2

Well this morning I went on the most confusing interview in my life. I was up for a corporate travel position where I would just book travel for a company with alot of VPs. Okkkkkkkkkkkay. Sounded good. So off I went looking like $$$$$. Except here is how my interview went (summary of the best parts):

Her: Well you would do the travel and in any down time help me...

Me: What do you do here? HR?

Her: Sorta, I just do that plus assisting the big boss, plus plan events and supervise the office staff.

Me: Office Manager?

Her: Not really, just alot of little stuff.

Me: Okkkkkkkay, who are the other office staff

Her: Let me call some in so you can meet them.....(skip past intros)

Me: Is a tight shirt and belly ring required wear? (I swear!)

Her: oh no, we're just really laid back

Me: Why are they all 19?

Her: Well we pick a type of person then train them to do what is needed, like they do filing, answer phones and pick up presents for wives or run them on errands....

Me: What? As in personnal assistants?

Her: Not really....

Me: About the job, what are the benefits? Leave time, pay, insurance?

Her: Not really sure, I'll put that on a list to ask my boss.

Me: Oh is he the one hiring and supervising this position

Her: Oh no, that is me

Me: Yet you don't know exactly what your offering? (extremely confused here)

Her: Not really....we just need some help. I've only done office work for a year, before that I was in xrays but got too much radiation so I had to do something new.

Me: (Thinking: wow, must have been bad at that job too) Oh.....

Her: So it'll be fun having a helper that has like 4 times the experience I do, it'll make my job easier. (yep, she really went there)

Me: No

Her: So when can you start?

Me: No

Her: What is your goal for future growth in the company? (Swear she just skipped over my no and went right on)

Me: To take your job

Her: (laughing hysterically)

Me: I've wasted your time and mine, good luck with your employee hunt. I'll see myself out.

Her: (Calling after me) I'll call you if we choose you for the job....

Me: (hand in air and I hustle to the door)

Labels: ,

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 7:05 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Oh my!

I had a nineteen-year-old boss with a belly ring when I was a...wait for it...Director of Marketing. She was the Office Manager. So it made since, right?

Apparently, sleeping with the boss can get you just about anything.

Don't you just want to smack some people?

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 8:25 PM, January 30, 2007 #
 

I reframed from letting my mouth override my butt, lol. I was kinda proud of that. :) I need to look like Barbie, then I'll get a job.

Posted by Blogger Hope4Grace @ 8:57 PM, January 30, 2007 #
 

I bet you'll be offered the job. And you know what? If the pay is good - you should totally take it. Then aim to take the higher paying position of the girl you interviewed you.

So what if she has a belly ring or whatever piercing she had. You might end up loving the job........?

(count me: sooo trying to look on the bright side of things at the mo)

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 4:56 AM, January 31, 2007 #
 

and count me someone who can't spell 'who' and instead puts 'you'.

Doh!

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 4:57 AM, January 31, 2007 #
 

Oh my! There really ARE all kinds out there no aren't there? I am in agreement with tiger lamb girl. If offered the position and there was nothing else available in the foreseeable future, my goal would be to take the position, if offered, and then slowly but surely take the better position. If everyone in the office is that ditzy, you could do just about anything. I think the word I am looking for is "opportunity".

Hope you are having a peachy day.

Ellie

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:54 AM, January 31, 2007 #
 

No, do not take that job. Ick. I say work with the hard to hear old ladies, you'll feel young and energetic everyday without having to bare your belly!

Posted by Blogger April @ 1:06 PM, February 01, 2007 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones