Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Saga Begins

Now that my yummy man has gone across the country to work (I love the new facial hair, sorry about all the pics, I love them! :) I have gotten busy: taking long hot baths, reading my school books (okay and some plum novels too), getting the kiddos in a schedule, cooking home meals, and oh yeah, starting the prospective job hunt.

That said, I live in the burbs/boonies. :) I love it though. However unless I want to do some serious commuting, there isn't much around here for my kind of work (get your mind out of the gutter, I'm a business top level admin or office manager). So I got my big girl clothes out, you know they don't consist of elastic waist and flannel or wool pjs, and printed some resumes and took off for town. Town being a generous word for our little communities in the area. I hit the city hall, cause I've done gov/county work before. Hmmm, the office was full of little ole ladies and the HR lady kept putting her hand to her ear, until finally I yelled that I was there about a job. Geez. Then I dropped off an app and a resume for substitute teaching. I have enough credits now to do that too here. Hmmmm, that office was full of little ole ladies too.

My question is: where are all the other middle/younger aged moms and wives? Do they all stay at home with their kids? Does no one in my age group work outside of the home? WOW!

Stay tuned as the "Will she, can she find a job" saga continues. Until then, I'm gonna put my flannels back on and work on my business plan. Yet another paper....geez....

Labels: ,

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 10:57 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Must be a bit like the twilight zone - only seeing older people in the workplace there.

Good luck finding a job that's interesting, fun and stimulating!

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 4:19 PM, January 25, 2007 #
 

Oh, and enjoy those flannels while you can! (I miss flannels -- haven't seen any in years - in my travels :(( )

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 4:20 PM, January 25, 2007 #
 

When my husband was in a certain training program smack in the middle of a PCS, I spent four months living with my parents (HELLISH!) and working as a substitute teacher.

It wasn't bad. 50 bucks a day and I could always say no to work if I had something else to do.

Good luck with the job search!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:52 PM, January 26, 2007 #
 

You are one funny lady! I come by way of April Showers. Just read through a few of your postings. I love the way you write, so honest. I hope you don't mind if I link you to my site. I will be back for more antics in your household!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 7:23 AM, January 27, 2007 #
 

great site sis and great blogs

dave

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:07 PM, January 28, 2007 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones