Monday, January 10, 2011

Back in The Saddle

Well today was the first day in over a year that I've punched a timeclock.

Okay that's a bit dramatic. There was no timeclock, I'm salary. But you get the idea. I put on my business casual except I learned a long time ago to kick up a few notches on the first day. I met all the people in the district office. Luckily noone will have to bother me. My boss is next door and his three managers who will work with me are in offices surrounding us and then there is a locked door between us and everyone else.

It's heaven!

Seriously, heaven!

No yakking idiots. No whining people. Silence.

And I have a door.

It's been a long time since I've had an office with a freaking door. I was so tempted to shut it and close my blinds and just rub up against it. But that's pervy and I promised myself to wait till end of day Friday before I do that.

But it's a door.

The office is huge, the desk is huge. The chair is awesome and the computer screen is as wide as my dashboard.

The work is piled up so you have to go around the desk to actually see the chair.

Perfect.

Bring it on!

That said, I tripped twice over a piece of worn carpeting (the office is scheduled for remodel next month, and it needs it!). I kept forgetting that there is NO PRESSURE needed on the handle to the ladies room door therefore ensuring that when I went bursting in that I slammed it against the wall and fell into it every single time today. The first time actually brought people running cause it sounded like a bomb went off, kinda embarrassing! Didn't help that I was crumpled up against the damn door either. Sigh. But other than that and the mouse nibbled chocolate they left on my desk, it was a good day.

Tomorrow will be about work work and work. I have to get my butt busy and make my mark.

First thing, organize!

That said, I missed my kids so dang bad. I missed my dog. I kept texting my kids till they just stopped texting me back, not a good sign. Seriously thinking of getting the youngest a phone so I'll have someone else to text with. Don't tell her I said that.

The commute wasn't too bad, much better in the morning than on the return.

I survived.

Now if only I sleep more than two hours tonight.

The damn insomnia is back.

Thank you for your prayers and patience!

Hugs.

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 5:31 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Girl I have been away way to long!!!! For that I'm sorry. Sounds like life is treating you amazing. New job sounds awesome so happy for you!!!

I really need to get back on my blog.

I will be back!!!! :)

Posted by Blogger ♥ Becky ♥ @ 7:08 PM, January 10, 2011 #
 

Congrats on the job! I went back to the work force exactly two years ago, and had my own private office, which i had not before that so it was GREAT. Just as you describe.

But missing the kids was hard. My husband worked local, I worked two counties away so he became primary with the kids, at first, it made me sad to see them defer to him regarding what was for dinner, small things like that, but the first time the school called him when the kids were sick (of course because he was so much closer) I felt like I had been kicked in the gut and was officially out of the loop.

I found my balance again though, and you will as well. You sound really EXCITED about this step in your life and that makes all the difference.

Go, leave your mark!

Posted by Blogger One Girl's Story @ 6:51 PM, January 12, 2011 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones