Tuesday, August 17, 2010

oh Lord, sweet baby Jesus

I have lost 4 lbs since Dave bought my new mower.

Now this is huge especially when you consider that I have been cooking up a storm and eating up a storm. Hello!

Turns out that mowing an acre yard, twice a week with a self-propelled mower at noon time in black clothing will make you sweat more than you ever thought possible. Between that and my free weights I'm doing better than I did when I was in the gym. And it's cheaper. And my yard looks better than my neighbors which really is the important part right? right?.....right? I have this thing about my yard being nicer than the yards around me, it's a Southern thing. The same reason why my kids are accessory people, it's all about the little extras. Yet another reason I wear pearls to Walmart..... I have no excuse really, it's just my thing. And now you know my horrible secret. Moving on.

I do so love the look and smell of a freshly mowed yard. We did it just in time for the winds and storm to blow in. So far I have escaped pictures too because my oldest in now threatening to take a picture of me in my mow wear...which includes a black tank, black nylon shorts and knee high rubber boots. I have this horrible reaction to fire ant bites hence the boots. But I am one hot mess when I mow. But I sweat BUCKETS. Sexy is back!

But in addition to getting my yard straightened out today, I pulled my car up on a crest in the front yard and Dave figured out where the squek was coming from. Now to make a mechanic appointment to have my tie rod screws replaced. We finally got off our tushes and picked the tile to replace on the top of our coffee table....really this is a finish to a story that started awhile ago when I purchased the table in one of my uber dober shopper moments. I actually posted the original picture when I purchased back in April of 2007. The cracked and broken tiles on top made this coffee table a steal at an outlet....but the plan to retile just never happened, I kept stuff on top to hide the crack, lol. Ghetto much? But I hope to have new pics soon as we are waiting on the grout to set. It's purty and very unique I think. The tramp is up, on a level place in the yard and finally has all the newly purchased bolts to make sure it stays together no matter what. Dave has managed to get every honey-do thing on his list done.

Which is good cause he leaves tomorrow.....sniff sniff

Labels:

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 4:27 PM

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones