Monday, May 03, 2010

Scared Spitless...

Yep, I'm scared spitless. In praying for a miracle of a lifetime (new theme for this quarter at church) we seem to have gotten an answer. A guy Dave works with sent him home with a book. And yep, it appears that we may have found our miracle of a lifetime......and I'm scared to death but excited.

We're gonna do the Dave Ramsey "Total Money Makeover"..... and since it's out there now, I'm bound and pledged. Anyone else doing this?

Not gonna be easy but I'll take hard, I'm used to hard, but man the rewards would be so sweet. The Lord has actually put us in the best position to accomplish this...hello, live in an RV, travel around, and frankly I'm sick of eating out so yeah, I'm thinking we're gonna do this thing.

Labels: , ,

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 12:05 PM

Read or Post a Comment

That sounds interesting. I've never heard of it. What does it entail? You gonna give updates?

Posted by Blogger ♥ Becky ♥ @ 1:43 PM, May 04, 2010 #
 

It's fascinating and scary. No gimmicks, no quick tricks, no cost. We are going to eliminate our debt the hard way: buckling down, go on a tight budget, throwing money at our bills in an ogranized and ordered fashion (smallest to largest) with the snowball method. Then we're going to pay off our vehicles and start double paying our mortgage. While doing the last part, we'll be investing for retirement (with the money that would be going to debt but there will be no debt).

Long winded but that is our basic plan. I'm going to be very honest about our progress on here, if only to keep myself motivated and honest. So yes, we'll be posting updates as they happen!

Posted by Blogger Hope4Grace @ 2:27 PM, May 04, 2010 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones