Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I heart truck stops

Oh boy are my country roots showing, but I seriously heart a truck stop. Any big truck stop. If we're driving, I beg Dave to pull over. I love the lights, the rigs, the shiny clean bathrooms, the nifty little "life on the road" gadgets. And the food, really do I have to get into the merits of the food? Flying J and Petro are my favorites. The little diners inside are like a magic bandaid.

So can you even begin to imagine how many times I've driven right down the road to the big ole shiny truck stop?

I get change for laundry there (yep, we be Rv-er's with no w/d in our trailer), I get fountain drinks there when I need a pick me up, I eat there with the kids when we don't feel like cooking, I get diesel there for his truck, I get gas there for my car, I get batteries for the game controllers there, I still get carded there for my cigs.

The ladies inside know me and the kids by name.............and they always stop and want to know what in the world we've done today, cause "you guys are just so busy!".

How could you NOT love a big ole shiny truckstop?

Now excuse me, but I need diesel, a fountain drink and a snack before I start my errands, so I'm heading...........well you get the idea.

Labels:

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 8:05 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I love the old ones with the oversized concrete structures/critters. The big old bulls or coyotes, that can be seen from the road. We had (have) the "Hat & Boots" which is a 2 story cowboy hat and boots (the boots were the bathrooms) that was just saved as a historic landmark in Seattle.

But there's NOTHING as good as a trucker's breakfast served by a sweet southern lady who calls you darlin!

Posted by Blogger Brad @ 3:44 PM, January 13, 2010 #
 

It's not exactly a truck stop but I was just thinking today about how much I miss the base shopette. It was so great to have one place for cheap gas, any drink you can imagine, a liquor store, and all the treats and car related things you could think of in one place.

*sigh* Ah, the joys of base living.

Posted by Blogger Tuna Girl @ 5:34 PM, January 13, 2010 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones