Thursday, January 22, 2009

No Words......

No Words describe this evening. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

So after a medicated coma of a workday, I rush home cause today is The Man's birthday. Since he'd cooked his own dinner, I'm lucky that we have a date planned tomorrow night with dinner, movie and naked time (sorry mom). But I hit the door to the wiggly dog who missed me and needed loving, Duchess who was full of mystery person news, Princess who had school gossip and The Man looking like he needed some of my mind numbing cold pills. I was exhausted before I hit the door. Pity me. I am a big ole baby when I'm sick, and I'm slightly dramatic too. :)

So we rushed through dinner so Princess could make karate. Then Duchess and I made her "covered in princess and flower stickers, pictures, and doodles" poster for her mystery person day. The Man and I had a brief chance to catch up and then it was homework time for everyone. Duchess and I finished first, so we gamely cleaned the kitchen while The Man re-taught Princess division. Sucks.

In the midst of running around crazy, I noticed that Wiki was dead.

Or should I say Wiki 2 was dead. Floating. A floater. In the middle of the coffee table. Not cool.

The Man immediately corals children in their rooms and starts winterizing himself for a quick trip to the store, when I tried to be a realist, which sooooo doesn't come natural to me.

"They are old enough, death happens, let's deal with it"

Famous last words.

An hour and a half later, they have cried themselves to sleep, we've promised them EACH a new wiki to be here before they get home from school and The Man keeps reminding me that NOW was not the best time to be real.

No shit.

We had a memorial service, then buried him in the backyard.

What the heck was I thinking?

Labels:

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 9:27 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Yeah your right no words.

My girls.... the baby is way to young...poor baby. Next time just don't point it out and have that new Wiki in the tank before they get home.

Otherwise I hope you all have a great dinner night.

Posted by Blogger BigestBrat @ 6:50 AM, January 23, 2009 #
 

Mine are nine and six.... we've flushed more fish this year than I can count trying to condition there tank.....

Boys... no emotion.... buy them a new fish and they name it the same thing .... Abby 2 or Oscar 2.... Now I can't remember which one it is that's alive.... is it Abby 5... or Oscar 6 .... hmmmm.

Posted by Blogger The woman @ 9:31 AM, January 23, 2009 #
 

happy belated birthday to the man!

sorry about wiki..and wiki 2.

Posted by Blogger Marchelle @ 6:47 PM, January 26, 2009 #
 

'A' for effort there Mom. Maybe the next time? I feel bad for the people that bought our childhood home/pet cemetary. There had to be a dozen card board box surprises out there.

Posted by Blogger Brad @ 7:28 PM, January 26, 2009 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones