Monday, October 20, 2008

oh baby......

When I get stuck taking pictures without my camera, I'm usually using my crackberry. So that explains the sub par pictures, not be confused with the sub par rental.

So today since I had the day off with the kids, I actually had time to go with Duchess to see her in action at karate. Usually I get blow-by-blow from Princess as Duchess goes over from after school care while I'm still at work.

I had no clue what I was missing........
The kid is a tiger. Except, she stops in mid-move to fix her hair, or tidy her gei, or worse, pick her drawers out of her butt, my personal favorite. It is hysterical. If you ever wonder why Duchess gets away with murder, well..........she's the baby..........
And she's cutthroat. I am quite serious. She has no problem kicking you when you're down. This is the same kid who smacked another kid on the playground with her belt cause he was being bad. OMG, did I just admit that outloud. Her excuse? Her reasoning? He was being a turd. And it's not like I hit him hard. I just tapped him, he didn't even cry mom........(and only a FYI: note was sent home, asking me to please not include a belt in her outfits, turns out the kids take them off and use them as whips, swords and snakes....great) OMG......... this is also the same child who when her sister broke apart a double popcicle and offered her 1/4 of the thing, she immediately poked her in the eye with stick. She was 3 when that happened. Except, this kid has something in her that will keep her out of the pen........ The kid has heart.
Tonight when she prayed, holding both mine and Princess' hands........she said this.......

"Heavenly father I thank you for this day. For my friends and family. For my doggie. For my blankey and for my mom. I thank you for dying on the cross for me. Also Lord please let me grow up to be a good adult. I want to be a great mommy like mine. Amen"

I had to leave the room and have myself a good cry.........

I love you too baby.......cause I know deep down, that you get that vindictive steak from your momma.

P.S. Maybe one day I'll explain why you can never wear those cute little pink belts to school anymore sweetie.........

Labels: ,

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 9:23 PM

Read or Post a Comment

OMG! Now I'm crying!

Love her! I was totally like that as a kid. Which is probably why I like you. :-)

Posted by Blogger Tuna Girl @ 11:31 AM, October 21, 2008 #
 

OMG, I totally love your kids. They have spunk and use it wisely.

Sounds just like my kids. Although my daughter wasn't to fond of becoming a big sister so one day after grocery shopping I was putting the food away and she was in the other room with her baby bro still in his car seat when I heard him coughing. She was pouring baby shampoo down his throat. It's a good thing she likes him now. :-) Okay, I guess that really didn't have anything to do with what you posted. :-)

Posted by Blogger ♥ Becky ♥ @ 11:41 AM, October 21, 2008 #
 

What a sweeetie! Gotta love that kid!

Posted by Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife @ 12:08 PM, October 21, 2008 #
 

One day I will actually get to meet her!! They have both grown up so fast!!

Posted by Blogger The woman @ 3:20 PM, October 21, 2008 #
 

Oh you have me crying too.
My baby grew up so fast and she is a lot like you. Oh I miss her... and the other one too....

Posted by Blogger BigestBrat @ 5:07 AM, October 22, 2008 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones