Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Brave Girl

Today was Princess' first karate tournament.
We got up at 530, got there for registration at 730. It didn't start till 10. Shoot me. I'm exhausted.
2 months in karate and her first tournament presenting her form. This was about the moment that she noticed that the three other contestants were all colored belts. This was suppose to be novice, 1 year and under division for traditional forms. I'm thinking, NOT. Then she noticed that she was the ONLY WHITE BELT in the entire event.
Then she got up there and busted out her form in precise, perfect form. I was amazed at how graceful and elegant she was.
She got a 7.91. She came in last. They gave out three trophies.
There were four contestants. She congratulated everyone and chatted with the others.

Then she has a "come apart" in the car.

Except it wasn't that she was last, it was cause the judges didn't even speak to her much less shake her hand after acknowledging the others and passing out trophies.

I had to leave, cause I'm a mean arse.

But she was awesome.....and she's ready for testing in October, her first. And then the next tournament in April, she's ready.

There aren't words for how utterly privileged I am to be the mother of such an amazingly strong, good person.

Labels:

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 7:52 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Way to go Princess!!!!!!
She's a much better person than I. I would have said something not so nice to the judges after that.
But she is good and will kick butt next time.
WAY TO GO!!!!

Posted by Blogger ♥ Becky ♥ @ 11:55 PM, September 21, 2008 #
 

It is so hard to be a parent sometimes. Mine is going through some of that right now and it is sooooo frustrating. I think you have one terrific daughter there....proof that she has one pretty great mom!

Posted by Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife @ 10:07 AM, September 22, 2008 #
 

Being a parent is hard, isn't it! I'm sure she did a wonderful job! Congrats to her and she'll get em next time!

Posted by Blogger Us @ 10:51 AM, September 22, 2008 #
 

those judges are turds. good for her for not letting them get to her [til she was in the car at least =)]
but seriously, mr. clean used to compete and has his black belt. all before he met me, but he explained to me the sense of honor and dignity you get from karate. those judges aren't doing so well on that end!

Posted by Blogger Marchelle @ 1:26 PM, September 22, 2008 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones