Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Don't Laugh

I'm sharing, cause that is what friends do.....so don't laugh......

Since I'm trying to get more intouch with my female, housewife side (rather than my give directions and crack the whip work side) I decided to MAKE decorations for the girls' rooms.

Stop laughing....
So this is Princess' comforter. She loves this thing. The breezy pink curtains in her room just pop and work so well with this thing. So I decided to do the obvious. Use the comforter and make matching paintings for above her bed. Scared yet?

You should be.........brown, pale yellow and white......
throw in some green, just case.......
Off center works right?
So you tell me......
Does it work?
Cause if not, I'm pretty sure I can use them to cook BBQ pork ribs on the grill.....

Labels:

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 8:05 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Hell of a lot better than what I could do. Which means they are awesome. What a great Mommy you are. What did she say about them???

Posted by Blogger ♥ Becky ♥ @ 8:51 PM, September 02, 2008 #
 

They were good but much, much too small. Go big or go home. Try 2' x 3' canvas instead and vertical instead of horizontal, and lower on the wall. Its too high and too uniform. Or group them in a three, off center to the left.

Posted by Blogger Captain Momma @ 11:04 PM, September 02, 2008 #
 

Honey.... go bigger....
I know you can do it. Very nice for you first time. Now those will go great above her dresser low to the dresser that is. At her eye level. Sissy has some similar....
Very nice though love them.

Posted by Blogger BigestBrat @ 4:16 AM, September 03, 2008 #
 

I really like the paintings! You did a great job BUT I'm going to have to go with others and say go bigger! That's a big wall! Or you could hang them one on top of the other and paint a long one to put beside them....what do you think?

Posted by Blogger Us @ 7:40 AM, September 03, 2008 #
 

i agree with everyone else - they are AWESOME, but i think you should go BIGGER!! or, if you don't feel like painting again, i would probably take captain momma's advice and group them closer together and lower down to her eye level. still, what a cool accessory for her room! what a great mom - her friends will all be jealous!

Posted by Blogger Marchelle @ 7:45 AM, September 03, 2008 #
 

Don't they look like little soilders marching across the wall? That is how The Man hangs everything......very annoying. So I'll get in there and adjust, and next time try to go bigger....lol You guys rock

Posted by Blogger Hope4Grace @ 8:23 AM, September 03, 2008 #
 

I can't help you cause I stink at anything that has to do with decorating!

Posted by Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife @ 9:33 AM, September 03, 2008 #
 

Oh Good Lord,

This is why God sent you a gay boyfriend.

Meet me on IM when you have time. I have a plan.

Posted by Blogger Brad @ 11:25 PM, September 03, 2008 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones