Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oh My Heck

Since moving to our new snowy mountain home, I've held my tongue and tried to contain my thoughts and opinions about my neighbors....why? This is a great question, specially since I'm not really known for my "keeping my mouth shut" qualities. Well it's like this....I'm surrounded by Mormons. Not just a few, everybody.

When we moved here, the hubs and I were thrilled at the thought of leaving the coastal sunshine for a "family" place to raise our girls. However, as soon as we told people what area we were moving to, it was immediately "So when will you get those extra wives?" or even better "You'll hate it, they suck!" Yeah, fun times, people are so sweet.

So we moved here. They are so family oriented. They are genuinely nice. They keep to themselves. These are all great perks, however it also means, their family are their fellow church members, not the new Southern Baptist family who moved in down the block. They are genuinely nice, really. The keep to themselves always....and their kids do too......

And now I'll share with you how you'll know you're in Mormon country.....but your not Mormon.

These are the hand full of unique problems we've ran into living here, but still I love living here. I love my work, my co-workers are the most professional people I have ever worked with AND they put family first. The major pull is the snowy mountains and clean fresh air....just don't breathe near me...So any experiences that you might have had or if you're Mormon I'd love the feedback on how you find living around non-Mormons.....

Labels: ,

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 4:17 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I could totally see the two of us clearing every single line we'd venture into, if I were to ever come visit, lol. If someone says the f-bomb around me, I try really hard not to say it - but always, inevitably find myself saying it. Dammnit.

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 4:02 PM, October 27, 2007 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones