Friday, May 25, 2007

Ode to Chicken

I adore this red thing. This weathered trusty friend who makes the chicken that makes me sing. This is a recent addition to my home, it arrived with my mom and the photo hating step-dad. However, the sight of this beauty on my porch, makes me smile. Always.
Because this is the best dang chicken in the world. Smoked for four hours along with foil wrapped potatoes and corn over mesquite wood. OH MY MERCY! I have fond thoughts of this chicken. I actually had a dream about it the other night. Perhaps it's not normal to have dreams of food, but I love food, so I'm comfortable with this. All this wonderfulness was created by the photo-elusive step-dad. Who isn't surely threatening me with a knife because I have once again snuck up with a camera. Please....this is the house of cameras.

Labels: ,

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 9:28 PM

Read or Post a Comment

And what is the name of that contraption, pray tell? I want one!!!!!!!!

I thought your next post was going to include a photo of a certain bit of soft cloth draped over your stylish shoulders. *fingers tapping*

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 6:23 AM, May 26, 2007 #
 

Tiger Lamb,
I've looked like crap the last few days, so I refuse to take a picture, lol. However, I swear that I will make the effort to look pretty today!

That contraption is a smoker. You put the wood and water in the bottom and once you close it, you never open it until it's done. Yum!!!!

Posted by Blogger Hope4Grace @ 8:58 AM, May 26, 2007 #
 

That looks really freakin' yummy!

Posted by Blogger The woman @ 10:57 AM, May 26, 2007 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones