Friday, January 19, 2007

Lickable Rolls

Cinnamon Rolls, People!
We successfully baking FROM SCRATCH in our new house tonight. Thanks Ree. I cut the recipe down to size but dang, we are swimming in homemade cinnamon buns over here people! So in honor of the occassion, I documented the process, for you non-believers who didn't think I could cook....


We successfully butter up big time! Princess wrote her name in butter on the first batch!

The butter smells brought The Man out of hibernation. He even assisted!


And then he took over. He said my rectangular dough wasn't the proper shape. However, we did manage to create "heaven on earth" at my house tonight.
Taking one pan over to the plumbers house in the morning. Betting these babies will get my gas line for my dryer put in asap!
Warning: the mess after this is impressive. Maybe I should just leave it and move again!

Labels: , ,

Posted by Hope4Grace @ 9:17 PM

Read or Post a Comment

WELL DONE on making the cinnamon rolls. Aren't they divine?! I didn't cut the recipe in half....I made the whole thing and put most in the freezer. That way I can pull out the big guns when builder guys and workmen start telling me it's gonna take 6 weeks to finish a project off. I mean, hey, the tiler guy finished off the floors in 5 days --- 9 days less than his original quote. Those rolls totally melt hardened plumber-cracked builder's hearts.

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 5:55 AM, January 20, 2007 #
 

oh - I know whatcha mean about the after-mess. My kitchen was littered with flour - e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. - but it was worth it.

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 5:57 AM, January 20, 2007 #
 

As your mother, I am so proud of all of you guys. They look great!!!! I can almost smell them and the pics of THE MAn are great. Such a big manly man baking. That just warms my heart. The girls I know so enjoyed helping and I am sure eating them. Thinking of us when you guys eat some this morning.

mimi

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 6:27 AM, January 20, 2007 #
 
<< Home

Recent thoughts!

When a door slams shut, God always pushes a fresh breeze through a window! Just keep swimming, swimmming, swimming.>

Cast of Hope4Grace

IMG_1418

Dave/Me, being our usual goofballs selves

tyler

Okay, this was last month... happy now?

SDC12079

Princess, my 12 year old queen in training

SDC12078

Duchess, my 8 year old "baby"

IMAG0308

Murphy, our little man

I LUV nosy peeps!

My Girls

daddys+girls

I Have A Sick Sense of Humor!

omg

Bored? Read More

  • About Me
  • Are you Serious?
  • Being the Boss
  • Duchess
  • Eternal House Hunt
  • Eternal Job Hunt
  • Family Smamily
  • Flash Friday
  • Food, Taboo #1
  • Gas, Taboo #2
  • Girlies
  • Great Parenting 101
  • Grooming aka Hair Color
  • Happy Paper Writer
  • Homeschooling
  • Idiots
  • Latest Obsession
  • Military Wife
  • Old School
  • Random Pictures
  • Pissed Off
  • Ponderings
  • Princess
  • Shopping
  • Speak English
  • The Never Ending Move
  • Video
  • Welcome to the Boonies
  • Wordless Wednesday
  • Yes, I am...

  • Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones